We are currently hiring for the Siren of the House Position!
The Siren of the House Position is an Administration and Sales Role that requires you to work evening shifts (you must be available from 4:30pm to 10:30pm) and the occasional weekend shift. The role would make you an “employee” of Sky Sirens, and you will need a TFN to apply. The Siren of the House role is multi-faceted and you will be responsible for lots of different things. Every day is always different, and you get to work with amazing people.
The role is broken down into three different parts (see below). You will need to excel in all three of these areas to be a successful Siren of the House Employee.
Front of House Reception
Taking payments, booking students into classes, greeting students, serving tea and treats, cleaning, responding to emails and phone-calls, managing the private Facebook group, admin/data entry, responsible for students signing waivers and more!
Along with offering classes, Sky Sirens also has a retail store at the front of the premises that people from the general public are welcome to purchase from. We sell lingerie, shoes and dance accessories. You would be selling these items, packing them neatly and taking payments. Merching and attaching swing tags, tidying the shopfront are also linked with this part of the role (retail experience is beneficial).
Sky Sirens also hosts performance events (often off-site), where we need assistance with:
- Hens Parties
- Stage Managing
- Door Staff
- Stage kittying
You would be required to make yourself available to work at these events.
1. Your very own key to the studio.
2. The opportunity to use the studio at any time of the day or night.
3. Unlimited access to our beautiful sets of Ostrich Feather Fans, Powder Puffs & other Special Props.
4. Endless cups of tea & sweet treats while you're working.
5. Opportunity to take part in group incentives.
6. Cash, voucher or gift bonuses at the end of every term.
7. Sky Siren "starter kit": choose between makeup, shoes or clothing after one month trial.
8. A profile photo for your personal use & our website!
9. Complimentary Classes.
10. The opportunity to grow in the business, and see how a small woman-owned business operates. You will get to work with amazing individuals, and be involved in our wonderful community.
- We are a safe space for sex workers, POC, members of the LGBTQIA+ Community and are passionate about accessibility and inclusivity, so we are looking for someone who is able to make our students feel safe and comfortable.
- If you're a dancer (of any kind), this is a huge advantage.
- Someone who has a great memory for policies and procedures.
- Someone who has an understanding of sales, and knows how to describe services and products to others.
- Someone that is looking to progress in the business and stay with us for a long time. Anyone wanting to further themselves in the Performance Industry or in closely related industries is very attractive.
- Someone with a great written word (fluent in English is important).
- A great multi-tasker and person with awesome organisation skills.
- Someone that is super friendly and remains calm during super busy moments! We are looking for someone really approachable so that new students feel at ease.
Please carefully fill out the application form below. We will be looking at your attention to detail, your written word, tone and how thoroughly you answer the questions.
This job is under the Clerical Award. It is a casual position, $25.91 + super per hour (weekday rate).